Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Proudly presenting: The Google Content API for Shopping

Many people have been asking me what I was doing at Google this summer, and I couldn't answer for confidentiality reasons.

Now I can.

Proudly presenting: The Google Content API for Shopping

In particular, I was working on the integration of the Content API with the new Google API Client Library for Java, and wrote most of the Content API Developer's Guide for Java, as well as the downloadable sample programs. The latter are basically are a task specific extension to the Google API Client Library for Java, which means that a decently big part of the code I wrote this summer is actually publicly available now (along with all programming sins I might have committed in it).

I also worked on the closely related Search API for Shopping -- the Content API and Search API together are to replace the former Base API --, implementing the search use-case for Google Affiliate Network users.

Everything I did beyond that will have to remain confidential.

Some general information on the two new APIs can be found here and here.

-- Birgit

1 comment: